Monday 1 September 2014

Heirloom Tomato Crazy

Last Friday I spent the day planting heirloom tomato seeds I purchased at the Holt Nursery.

I have Planted all Roma varieties, as I want to make relish and sauce. I have imagined opening the pantry filled with home made preserves every time I go shopping. This is the first step.

I suppose I probably planted 30-40 pots (I'm probably crazy) I have loads of friends with veggie gardens, I'm sure will appreciate a gifted tomato plant.

The Plan is to have tomatoes growing the full length of the back fence. I'm hoping that the tomatoes will do well from the heat off the colour bond.

I also planted pots of chill, Basil, Parsley and Mint. I would like to use some of these to give as gifts to the kids teachers and some of my friends for Christmas.


 
I purchased this little green house form Bunning for about $45. I really did fit a lot in.
 
I plan to experiment, if I do well I would like to invest in a walk in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment