Thursday 25 September 2014

From Little Things Big Things Grow

It has been about a month since I planted seeds all day

The tomatoes are starting to grow



Parsley is looking good (I have flat and curly leaf varieties)



The Chives are doing the best


It will be interesting finding somewhere to plant them all!!!


I am not having much success with chilli, basil and peppermint, I think it maybe getting too hot in the 
green house.

My cabbages are almost ready for harvest now. One has bolted (the chooks enjoyed it) and a few have been chomped by caterpillars, but overall they have exceeded expectations.

The carrot and onions are really growing rapidly now that temperatures during the day have averaged above 15 degrees and we have had a little rain.

Garlic i planted last weekend is already shooting through the soil surface.

The snow peas are doing well, although not many make it to the kitchen because i have been snacking on them in the backyard.

I have 4 days off now, so i am planning my Spring/Summer garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment