Monday 18 August 2014

Secrets to the success of snow peas



Growing snow peas is a joy everyone should experience as they are one of the easiest crops to grow, particularly in Canberra, even in a partially shaded position.

A week before sowing my seeds I prepare the soil with well rotted manure and a sprinkle of lime.

This year I have massed planted my snow peas, mostly because not many of them end up in the kitchen as they are enjoyed by family and visitors straight from the garden ( I can tell you there isn't much better in life).

I have tried something a little different this year mixing my snow pea seed with sweet pea seeds for a spectacular visual effect.

Snow peas need support while growing, my husband found some heavy duty plastic netting in the skip bin at work, so we use this as a trellis. It's all part of my plan to recycle in the garden.



Here are some that I planted a few months ago.


I will post again once they are more mature and we can see if my plan of growing sweet peas and snow peas produce the visual effect I was hoping to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment