Monday 18 August 2014

Growing carrots all year round




Many of people I speak to have issues growing carrots.

My secrets is preparing the bed 3/4 compost and 1/4 sand. Mixing the seed with prepared soil in your hand for a more even distribution . Liquid fertiliser once a fortnight, I like to use seasol. Recently I purchased a powdered form of seasol from Bunnings ( it has proven it self to be very cost effective). Once the seedling have established, I thin them out to allow room for growth.



I plant a new row of carrots every 3-4 weeks, we use carrots regularly. For the past year I have produced carrots all year round.



These are some of the carrots I planted a few months ago. I tried to maximise space by planting spinach around the perimeter of the planter box.
I will post some pictures of these carrots at harvest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment