Sunday 17 August 2014

Daffodils Dancing

Driving to work today (my 1/2 commute I like to call my sanity drive because it's the 1/2 hour I spend on the way to work planning and preparing for my busy day ahead and the 1/2 hour on the way home I unwind from the day and prepare for my second job at home with my busy family)
I realised spring is approaching. The wattle trees are all in flower and there are gardens proudly producing their daffodil and jonquil bulbs that had been lovingly planted, most probably multiplying over time.

It's a lovely drive with views over Coppins Crossing, around Black Mountain, passed the lake where you can just see how windy it is by the Australian flag on Parliament house and then down the parkway looking up to the Brindabella Ranges (often capped with snow). Today, even though it was misting rain, Canberra looked spectacular with rain clouds and one of the most magnificent rainbows I have seen in the longest time.

Bulbs are a great passion of mine, I have Dutch heritage and have always been fond of tulips. I have been adding to my bulb collection each year with bulbs purchased online at Garden Express or from the variety of nurseries and garden centres here in Canberra. So far in my garden I have a few different varieties of Tulips, Daffodils and lilies. I can't wait to fill the house with bunches of fresh flowers and give gifts of flowers to friends.

Some pictures of the daffodils dancing by the breeze in my garden this morning.




I am so looking forward to a spectacular display of tulips. This is a photo I took this morning of the tulip bulbs emerging from the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment